About the D4_migrate_series8 Patch
This patch allows the use of the MIGRATE command to move to a series 8 system running MOS 4.4 from a series 6 or 7 system running MOS 4.2 or later. This patch needs to be installed on both the source and the target system.
This patch also includes the following fixes that have been made in earlier
This patch should only be used by Mirapoint Professional Services or on the advice of Mirapoint Professional Services
- 52753 Migrate needs to be able to handle more inodes
- 52542 Don't migrate .snapfile etc.
- 53225 Migrate shouldn't check update lists
- 53252 Fix permissions so weekly performance graphs work
- 47440 Poor error message when NDMP backup has claimed the snapshot
- 55411 "migrate from" fails ping-master test if route is > 5 hops
- 55884 Need to avoid replicate the new updates directory on disk
- 53338 Exclude list causes errors in system log
- 56437 Migrate should skip ldapindex.var and ldapsearchresults.ldif
- 52889 MIGRATE SYNC while a SYNC is in progress obliterates the 'Transferring' size
- 52906 Hide parameters in "MIGRATE STATUS" not relevant to target
- 52921 Better error reporting if a internal utility dies
- 53603 Max link check should display actual and max figures
- 55517 Remove spurious errors about MIGRATE.DELETE.MISSING
- 56068 REPLICATE.FATAL.ERROR Unable to 'mv' Inactive Store file(s) to Active Position
- 56819 netif bonding on the source appears to be copied to the target
This patch has no impact on system services.
Installing the Patch
To install this patch:
Always check the system log for important messages after
performing an update -- whether it fails or succeeds.
- Use a telnet client to connect to the administration command-line
interface on port 23 on your Mirapoint appliance.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Issue the following command:
If version reported between 4.2 to 4.4.2, you can install this patch.
Install the D4_migrate_series8.mpu5 patch:
update install ftp://ftp.mirapoint.com/pub/mert/D4_migrate_series8
NOTE: Installing this patch does not reboot the system nor restart any services.
This patch can be uninstalled. Uninstallation does not restart any services nor reboot the system.