About the D4_glibc_security Patch
This patch addresses the following issue:
- Glibc GHOST Vulnerability (MIRA-55242).
- Installing this patch reboots the appliance.
- The patch can be removed (uninstalled).
- Patch removal also reboots the appliance.
Installing the Patch
To install this patch:
- Use a telnet client to connect to the administration command-line
interface on port 23 on your Mirapoint appliance.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Issue the following command:
If the result returned is between 4.3.3-GA and 4.4.6-GA, you can install this patch.
- Install the D4_glibc_security patch using the following CLI command:
Update Install ftp://ftp.mirapoint.com/pub/updates/D4_glibc_security
Always check the system log after installing a patch regardless of whether
installation succeeds or fails.