About the D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender_4 Patch
This patch addresses the following issues:
- Rejects all messages that do not meet required conditions, specifically from designated ip address, subnet mask, domain/subdomain name, or/and hostname (MIRA-55211).
- Version 2 of this patch includes the additional three enhancements requested by the customer (MIRA-55299):
Version 3 of this patch includes the additional enhancement requested by the customer (MIRA-55299):
- Allowed senders will be able to relay.
- The senderIsValidRecipient is enforced if the user passes the restrict sender feature.
- Exceptions for restrictsenderhost support wildcards.
Version 4 of this patch includes these two fixes (MIRA-55299):
- The error code is changed from 4.5.1 to 5.7.1.
- The setquery/getquery/testquery tab completion has smtp:restrictsenderhost protocol now.
- If the user LDIF has a large number of miNetwork attributes, this feature can also work now.
- After installing the Version 4, please use the CLI command to flush the ldap cache, "ldap flushcache "" """.
- How to use this feature, please refer to these CLI commands for details, "help about ldap" and "help smtp set restrictsenderhost".
- This patch reboots the appliance.
- The patch can be removed (uninstalled).
- Patch removal also initiates a reboot of the appliance.
- The previous version of the patch, D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender, D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender_2, or D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender_3, should be removed if it exists on the system.
Installing the Patch
To install this patch:
- Use a telnet client to connect to the administration command-line
interface on port 23 on your Mirapoint appliance.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Issue the following command:
If the result returned is 4.4.6, you can install this patch.
- Install the D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender_4 patch using the following CLI command:
Update Install ftp://ftp.mirapoint.com/pub/updates/D4_4_6_smtp_restrict_sender_4
Always check the system log after installing a patch regardless of whether
installation succeeds or fails.