About the D4_4_4_imap_loop_and_cache Patch
This patch addresses the following issues:
- Users are unable to access their mailbox due to receiving the "busy" notification.
- Thunderbird MUA users experience email task failures, due to receiving "Operation not Permitted" notifications.
- iPad and iPhone users experience the situation where their mailbox will randomly show as empty.
- This patch restarts all the services.
- The patch can be removed (uninstalled).
- Patch removal also restarts all the services.
- This Patch conflicts with the 'D4_4_4_imap_loop' patch, if you have this patch already installed on your host, you should remove it first prior to installing this patch.
Installing the Patch
To install this patch:
- Use a telnet client to connect to the administration command-line
interface on port 23 on your Mirapoint appliance.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Issue the following command:
If the result returned is 4.4.4, you can install this patch.
- Install the D4_4_4_imap_loop_and_cache patch using the following CLI command:
Update Install ftp://ftp.mirapoint.com/pub/updates/D4_4_4_imap_loop_and_cache
Always check the system log after installing a patch regardless of whether
installation succeeds or fails.