About the D4_3_5_webmail_1 Patch
This patch addresses the following issue:
- Webmail is vulnerable to cross-site scripting attack.
- This patch stops and starts the webmail service.
- This patch does not reboot the appliance, but it does interrupt services.
- The patch can be removed (uninstalled).
- Patch removal also stops the webmail service and starts it.
Installing the Patch
To install this patch:
- Use a telnet client to connect to the administration command-line
interface on port 23 on your Mirapoint appliance.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Issue the following command:
If the result returned is 4.3.5, you can install this patch.
- Install the D4_3_5_webmail_1 patch using the following CLI command:
Update Install ftp://ftp.mirapoint.com/pub/updates/D4_3_5_webmail_1
Always check the system log after installing a patch regardless of whether
installation succeeds or fails.